Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Laureen McMullan-Remarkable Expressive Paintings

Oryx
Copyright Laureen McMullan

I recently connected with another artist who was in my class at The Alberta College of Art & Design and wanted to share her work with you in another post about My Favorite Artists.

After graduation Laureen set up her own pottery studio, and worked very hard at that until it became very difficult to maintain that business due to market conditions, and the general decline in the pottery market which made it impossible to continue. At that point, Laureen decided to devote more time to painting in Acrylics, and has produced an impressive portfolio of work. Her paintings have been added to collections around the world, and she has had her work in numerous shows over the years.

I chose to use the word "Expressive" in the title for this post because that is the one of the words that comes to my mind when I have thought about her. For me her expressive nature comes through big time in her paintings, and her subject matter is varied, and her feelings radiate through the paint and canvas as she takes us through the journey of what is important to her.

I hope that you will take this opportunity to view the work of this award winning artist on her website Laureenart, and enjoy the many works she has created with such mastery. Many of her works are available as well as cards and Giclee prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe For Updates

Related Posts with Thumbnails