Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Spring Daffodil-Original Watercolor Painting

9" x 6"
Original Watercolor Painting

I was in a panic to get this painting completed as a gift to my cousin Jordan for his wedding.

I came across a technique in a watercolor magazine that I was itching to try out. The method is to do a monochromatic under painting first, using a mixture of purples with Alizarin Crimson or Cadmium Red, and Ultramarine Blue for cool shadows, and Cobalt Blue for warm shadows.

You can view the original Watercolor Tutorial online by Liz Fluehr here.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Terry,

    I am pleased to see that your website has a link to my watercolor demo called "Rachel's Tulips." Thanks for your interest.

    Liz Fluehr

    http://artzone.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your demo was quite excellent Liz, I love your work. Hope you get some extra traffic.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe For Updates

Related Posts with Thumbnails