Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Portrait Of Allan Nott-Original Drawing Artwork


22" x 16"
Black Prismacolor Pencil Crayon on Illustration Board


In 1984 I was taking a break from working at jobs that I did not like, and decided to try and produce some art until my funds ran out. One night I was having drinks with my friend Allan, and he kept asking me when he was going to see some of my work. I didn't have much to show at the time, and he kept egging me on and pestering me, so I decided to try and do his portrait.

Little did I know what I was getting into. I came across an artist who was doing clown images in a art magazine using pencil crayons, and the images were very soft, and I was amazed at the visual impact of pencil crayons and had never used them before.

The drawing took me about 200 hours to complete over 3 months, and was the hardest thing I had done in my life. I used illustration board, which has a very smooth hard surface. I managed to use about 10 black pencil crayons to compete the piece. I don't think that I will spend that many hours on a work of art in the future, it was quite a marathon.

Cheers
Terry

I use Prismalcolor colored pencils.
Prismacolor Scholar Art Pencils


Would you like to learn how to draw? Check out the best book I know of below.



2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful drawing. It has great gesture and expression. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jo, you are very kind.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe For Updates

Related Posts with Thumbnails