Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mayne Island Arbutus-Original Watercolor Painting

26" x 18"
Watercolor on Arches 140 LB Cold Press Watercolor Paper
$449
Contact the Artist

I started this painting in 1984 after a weekend camping trip to Gabriola Island and Mayne Island. I was on the trip with friends, in October, and it was pouring rain. Everyone except me got soaking wet overnight the first night, and the group decided to ferry over to Mayne Island and stay in a motel to dry out.

I stopped work on it because at one point I was stuck on how I was going to finish the Arbutus tree. This often happens to me when painting a watercolor, and I set them aside until I get inspiration on how to go forward. I also started a new job, and was too tired out from that every day to paint.

In the summer of 2007 my dear brother prodded me to finish the painting, so I searched the Internet for photos of Arbutus trees because I no longer had my photograph to reference from, and decided to get it finished at all costs.

The other thing I discovered was that I no longer had a desire to finish it off in the manner that I had first envisioned, and decided to leave it as is for the most part after painting in the parts that were white spaces on the painting.

So the minimalist style was not planned in any way, I found I just liked it as is.

If you would like to purchase the painting please contact me at tkrysak@gmail.com
Buy a Print

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe For Updates

Related Posts with Thumbnails